The year 2023 was full of events, and together with our stakeholders, we achieved many great things. We decided to compile these highlights and review the accomplishments of 2023 before moving on to the new year with new challenges.
- Our latest forest system, LtCrane, has been released. LtCrane is our most compact forest system, complementing our product range with a simple and cost-effective implementation without compromising quality and reliability.
- E-mobility implementations have become one of the most significant projects within the Hydac Group this year. With our own solutions, we have helped our customers in reducing CO2 emissions in their machines and equipment.
- We participated in the following exhibitions: Swedish Forestry Expo (Stockholm), Subcontracting (Tampere), Teknologia 23 (Helsinki), and Agritechnica (Hannover).
- Resources in our product development team were strengthened in the first half of the year with the addition of two new software developers, a product development manager, and a system architect. We introduced a new, agile, and team-based project model in product development and improved documentation practices. The goal is to strengthen both our own and our customers’ competitiveness and customer satisfaction.
- Our sales team expanded as Niko Ranta took on the role of product manager for our forestry systems. Niko will lead the xCrane, LtCrane, and Logger product families, with more information coming in the next year.
- A team-based working model was implemented in production to improve communication within the team and between the team and management, enable faster decision-making, and assist with workload and queue management.
- We initiated regular manager meetings with Hydac Oy’s managers to develop and support managerial work.
- A new HR and time-tracking system was introduced to standardize personnel and time-tracking practices across different functions and locations. We also revamped our internal communication by introducing Teams into production.
- We updated our sports and cultural benefit system by transitioning to Epassi and including well-being benefits beyond sports and culture. Towards the end of the year, we began a trial period where employees had the opportunity to use one hour per week of working time for physical activity.
- We engaged in various collaborations with different educational institutions. We offered thesis or vocational college thesis topics to three students and gained valuable insights to enhance our operations. We also met students on different occasions, such as Raseko’s summer job info for electrical industry students, at Raisio recruitment fairs, Åbo Akademi’s Company Safari, and Tampere University’s Company Days and IHA Career Days. These discussions provided useful perspectives for improving our employer branding and helped us find enthusiastic summer employees. In total, 10 summer employees worked in production, and one in our product development team during the summer.
Finally, we would like to thank our customers and partners for their trust and collaboration during the past year. Our skilled and dedicated staff, combined with strong customer relationships, create a solid foundation for future success stories as well.